Christian Drug Addiction Treatment Centers in New York, NY
Christian drug addiction treatment1 centers add the element of spirituality to the complex healing process of addiction. Taking their lead from the Judeo-Christian Bible, Christian-based initiatives provide spiritual guidance and healing, along with non-religious evidence-based drug addiction programs.
Believing and depending on a Higher Power than oneself, brings hope, strength and peace to many people who are recovering from drug addiction. This is especially true for people who have already seen the power of God at work in their life, and know that they can trust in this Supreme Source.
Building a close relationship with this Higher Power also gives the person a sense of protection and safety, knowing that God will prevail in their defense as they put their trust in Him. The Bible provides wisdom and clear instruction for living a better life, and also provides many examples of how people’s lives were turned around for the better through the power of prayer and walking with God.
There are Christian drug rehab centers in New York and around the U.S. People who are interested in attending a Christian rehab to break the bonds of addiction have numerous options when it comes to attending rehab, including enrolling at Garden Heights Recovery. Many religious organizations also provide Christian recovery support groups that the person can attend after he has completed a rehab program.
How Are Faith Based Rehabs Different?
Christian recovery programs are led by staff workers who adhere to the Christian principles of the faith. For Christians who are struggling with addiction, a faith-based rehab offers spiritual guidance and strength from the Bible. It also provides support without judgment, and extends loving-kindness.
While faith-based rehab can provide the same types of treatment programs as traditional rehabs, it also adds the element of faith in God and His Word. Christ-centered rehab helps individuals build a strong Biblical foundation that helps them reclaim control of their life. It helps them navigate through the healing process physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
Some of the treatment programs2 that faith-based recovery programs may use include:
- Christian-centered individual and group counseling
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Family therapy
- Relapse prevention
- Prayer and meditation
- Church attendance
- 12-step programs
- Celebrate Recovery support groups
The Bible is used to provide examples of how to resist temptation and navigate through difficult situations without weakening. Prayer is used to strengthen the individual and ground them from stressful situations. Corporate prayer may be used to invoke God’s favor, and praise and worship helps to bring individuals into God’s presence. Church attendance creates a feeling of belonging to a community that is larger than one’s self, and gives people the opportunity to fellowship and create new friendships.
A Christ-centered rehab helps individuals discover their true identity, using Christ as their example. Being born-again spiritually means that the individual becomes a new creation, the old man passes away with all of his sins including addiction. The Fruit of the Holy Spirit helps to define the 9 attributes of a Christian who is living in accord with the Holy Spirit, and not following the lusts of the fallen flesh nature. These attributes are:
What Does the Bible Say About Addiction?
Addiction is a sin, and is not what God wants for your life. Christ came to shed light in the darkness where addiction dwells, and He leads us out of the darkness into the light. The Bible helps us understand our struggle with sin, and provides the basis for faith-based recovery programs. Some of the essential tenets of the faith that are used in recovery include:
- The Bible says that faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. By the power of faith in God an individual can see the results of things hoped for, like recovery from addiction. In recovery, Christ-centered faith is defined and Biblical examples of how it works are shown.
- Prayer is essential in a person’s relationship with God. Through prayer, a person can speak with God about anything that is on his heart. Our prayers are powerful and can move mountains. Not only does God hear our prayers, but He answers us.
- God’s grace is a redeeming quality of His character, and is offered to us even in our sin. He offers us love, mercy, and forgiveness of our sins, and is the God of second chances. Receiving God’s grace helps us move past guilt and shame, and acknowledge our worth.
- The Bible teaches us about the renewing of the mind. This is the foundation of drug addiction recovery counseling. Learning about our destructive thought and behavior patterns that led us to use drugs in the first place must be dismantled and replaced by positive healthy alternatives. Learning how we are deceived by others, and also our self, leads us to create a new life based on truth and honesty.
- Christian recovery also reveals that God has a plan for our life and when we get off track from His plan, He provides a way of escape to get back. The Bible calls God the “waymaker”, who provides a way when there is no way. Although a person may not have a clear picture of his future, God is busy at work preparing the way for him to have a good life.
Sober Friendly Attractions near New York City
During your stay at Garden Heights Recovery Center, you will have the opportunity to spend some free time as you wish. Many use this time to see some of the beloved attractions and areas of New York City. This may include:
- Enjoying world-class art at famous museums or visit uptown and downtown art galleries that represent traditional and avant-garde art.
- Attending a concert or see a Broadway play.
- Taking a Central Park tour and visit the zoo.
- Enjoying great shopping and dining in Manhattan.
- Touring the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.
Learn how you can break free from addiction with the help of faith and evidence based therapies at Garden Heights Recovery – Call us today at 855-924-1990.